One of the many benefits of care at FVHO is providing patients dietary and nutritional services by our Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. As a part of your treatment plan, Registered Dietitian Nutritionists provide medical nutrition therapy to improve patient’s tolerance of treatment throughout the continuum of cancer care. This is accomplished one-on-one or in a group session.
Our dietitians will assist in setting individualized nutrition and lifestyle goals for:
- Prioritizing the importance of maintaining a healthy nutritional support system
- Maintaining optimal nutritional status, such as preserving lean body mass and improving/maintaining strength, energy and functional status
- Managing treatment-related side effects in order to prevent/reduce nutrient deficiencies and enhance immune function by decreasing risk of infection
- Addressing nutrition issues in advanced cancer
- Assisting in the management of tube feeding and total parenteral nutrition for those patient that require nutrition support